Monday, January 3, 2011

365 days of Gratitude

Back from two weeks of Holidays and having kids home from school.
We had a nice quiet Holiday.  Mild cold for Me.
Also had some very nice adventures, which I may or may not post about.

As I have reflected these past few weeks.
2010 was a good year in some ways and not so good in others.

Where I see everyday is a NEW DAY to start fresh, not just January 1st,
I too create a mental "resolution" list of sorts.
First, to find new ways to manage the stress in my life...
the stress that has caused me to gain 20lbs in the past 5 years.
So I have re-dedicated myself to healthy eating & enrolled in two
Yoga classes, twice a week for 12 weeks.

Secondly...Business:
Build my web presence via website, etsy, etc.
market wholesale, publish more
and continue to grow as an artist.

My last resolution was this great idea I had laying in bed.
365 days of Gratitude.
Well, it seems there already is a great website just for that...
I enrolled for their daily email.

My idea though, is to wake up each day and journal about 1 word.
ONE word of something I am grateful for because no matter
how stressed we are, how little is in the bank, the extra lbs we want to lose,
etc, etc...or the multitude of other annoying daily things we complain about...our lives
could infinitely be worse.

So, Happy NEW Year my friends.
May every day be filled with new resolve.

Today's word of gratitude is "Silence".
I am thankful for the Silence around me today as my family headed back to school and work.
It is in this silence that the beauty of life resonates more clearly...
and I can work undisturbed in my studio for several hours.



XO,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog post today, and can't way to check out the "gratitude" website you found. Being "grateful" is a big part of my life. I think so many of us have struggled with this economy of ours the past couple of years, and things that have happened in our world, we need to be reminded about being "grateful" for what we have. I would "like" my word to be "silence" today, but my little 18 month old granddaughter is throwing a mini tantrum right now. But I AM "grateful" she is healthy with a good set of lungs on her ;0}
    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear friend for sharing about GRATITUDE. It is something we can easily push aside but I too want to really be aware this year of all the Blessings in my life. Even things that can be a real Bummer, can actually be a Blessing! Thank you for your constant friendship even when we don't see one another for long periods of time...its so fun when we do get together and share the creativity, laughter and joys of life!

    ReplyDelete